Sunday, September 12, 2010

Weekend Wine Review #3 MOSS-CAW-TOE MANG...

This week I got the pleasure of getting to share a bottle of Moscato with a friend of mine in the late hours of the day, after sifting through the bottles available for consumption... BAM Moscato~

Now lately ALOT of people around me have been going nutzo for this type of wine, and always talking about Moscato this, Moscato that, ...oh gimme another glass of Moscato, etc. etc. etc. to the point to where I get it. Moscato is good. Honestly thought the sudden "demand" of Moscato was due to more urban community's rising taste in going a classier route. But I digress, a good wine is a good wine and maybe like most fads this wont die out like the past drink trends of our social party lives.



Woodbridge Moscato by Robert Mondavi - $6.99-14.99 depending on bottle size and location

I've tasted a few Moscato's in my time and what probably turned me off the most about this particular type of wine is that sometimes to me personally it could be to overpoweringly sweet. You know that feeling you get when you just bit into something WAYYY to sweet that your teeth feel like they tingle? Ya... that. I was kinda eh about drinking it but when I had to choose between a Lambrusco I'm familiar with and a Moscato I've never drank before, well simply put nothing ventured nothing gained right? So after fighting with the cork... that my female friend graciously prepped for my manliness to uncork, giggity... We were ready at the table pouring away. The first sip shocked me as it graced my taste buds smoothly with the subtle sweetness that I wouldn't expect from Moscato's from times past. I for one will say I would definitely buy this again for when I am looking for a sweet white to go with a desert or maybe even something with a sweet glaze on it to accent the taste. The light fruitiness and enlightening aroma was very pleasing as we enjoyed a lovely evening of wine, cupcakes, and Scrabble. I lost btw... dam those Q's and Z's.

1 comment:

  1. Damn them Q and Z. Train more young grasshopper only then you can defeat me.

    Seriously though, you should write adult romance....because sometimes I get the feeling like it gonna get naughtttaaay. lol

    ReplyDelete