Saturday, September 4, 2010

Weekend Wine Review #2

So it's that time again to review a wine. Yay for weekends, but sadly I have to work so my wine tasting activities will have to be put on hold until later this evening. A good friend of mine found a wine during the week and gave me her 2 cents on it, and being the type to explore... i bought it. I haven't tried it yet personally but here's her take on this wine. Thank you ms. iHaTePiNk.com and cheers... i know you're gona need it ;P

Zumaya Tempranillo, $10.49 @ Spec's.
My roommate has visited Spain, and wanted to try Spanish wines. I have to say, I'm a Pinot Grigio / sweet / wimpy wine kinda gal, so red wines have traditionally not been my thang. So it was a total surprise that this was an INSTANT hit with me! Just a hint of bite and an awesome aftertaste. (Sorry, I ain't no connoisseur, so I can't bust out the fancy wine review terminology.) We didn't believe our taste buds, and tried several other tempranillos after that, thinking we could find the same enjoyment - but alas, we ended up going right back to this one. Bad days are banished from our brains with just a glass of this wonderful Zumaya Tempranillo. This is definitely a wine that I sip and savor.
This wine was first tried with some saltine crackers and Fontinacheese. Mmm mmm good.
- Caroline, iHaTePiNk.com :)

I will update my blog as soon as I drink this wine myself with my opinion but from the critics of other sites and blogs it gives it a 3.7-4 out of 5 rating. So I truly must try this Tempranillo and see what the hype is about~

p.s. for those curious as to what a Tempranillo is...
Tempranillo is a variety of black grape widely grown to make full-bodied red wines[1] in its native Spain. It is the main grape used in Rioja, and is often referred to as Spain's "noble grape".[2] Its name is the diminutive of the Spanish temprano ("early"),[1] a reference to the fact that it ripens several weeks earlier than most Spanish red grapes. In the last 100 years it has been planted in Mexico, South America, USA, South Africa, Australia, and Canada.
Tempranillo wines can be consumed young, but the most expensive ones are aged for several years in oak barrels. The wines are ruby red in colour, with aromas and flavors of berries, plum, tobacco, vanilla, leather and herb. Thank you wiki.

1 comment:

  1. Man I have lots of wine bottle at my house u should try

    ReplyDelete